I see peace signs in your future!
Do you want to know how I make style predictions? Bad luck and frustration. Every year since I was about 15, I have wanted an item and then found it impossible to find. The next year, when my interest has somewhat faded, it would be everywhere. I went through a raglan sleeve baseball tee phase. The next year it was huge. I went through a shrunken hoodie phase. The next year? Huge. Flares. Bobs. Glitter. So, assuming the same happens to me this year as it did the past couple (oxford shoes. Rompers.), these are the items I’m into this year that I assume I won’t be able to find and thusly will probably be big next year:
1. Fringe. I think hippie fringey leather bags are going to be big.
2. Bibs. These will be impossible to find this year. Next year when I’m over it (although I’m never really over it), they will be available everywhere.
3. Saddle shoes. I think they’ve been wanting to come back for awhile now. This 60’s trend is going to 50’s before it goes away, and the oxford shoe is becoming par for the course. So I say look out for saddle shoes next year.
4. Western wear. It’s sort of made an appearance this year. I think it’s going to be bigger next year.
5. Hippie stuff. Flares are back this year. It’s only a matter of time. Stick straight hair will be back too.
6. 70’s wood platforms/Marcia Bradyish outfits/clunky shoes.
9. Cheerleader style – Varsity jackets are big this year. It’s a natural transition.
10. John Lennon style sunglasses. Huge sunglasses have been so big for so long, the designers will revolt.
Let’s see if I’m right!
€594 – my-wardrobe.com
$45 – modcloth.com
$56 – topshop.com
$28 – oldnavy.gap.com
$210 – net-a-porter.com
$130 – surfstitch.com
$525 – rupertsanderson.com
$64 – asos.com
$59 – urbanoutfitters.com
$57 – tukshoes.com
$295 – couture.zappos.com
35 – mylabel.co.uk
$160 – barneys.com
$54 – shopbop.com
$10 – ocshades.com
$30 – target.com